Explore options for training events and consultancy opportunities with a particular subject in mind.
Even if you don’t have a topic in mind, the list below will certainly prompt some thought … maybe even spark some imagination! The possibilities are indeed varied!
See the list of topics below.
The topics below can be the subject of either a training session, a consultancy or both.
- If there is something you would like that is not on the list, please ask.
- If Midst can’t help with a topic, we will probably know someone in the wider network who can help.
- Book a phone call, Zoom/Skype or coffee and/or lunch and we’ll chat about the issues or your current needs
- Let’s chat about your current ministry with children and families.
- Midst is able to offer individual churches a consultancy or a review designed for your context.
- The consultancy tools Midst can bring to you have been developed from three decades of experience and are highly adaptable.
- From two hours over coffee through to eight hours per week for 12 months; from a phone chat to three days a week for two months … these consultancies can be negotiated and adapted to your needs.
Ideally, each request for training, a consultancy or review requires an online booking form to be completed.
Jesus placed a child in their midst (Mark 9:36)
Explore the meaning of the text and the difference children make when they are welcomed to the centre of faith formational activities and helped to connect, participate in and be a part of the faith community.
Celebrating worship with children … 24/7
During the day, at bed time, at the meal table, during church on Sundays …
Take the time to consider the multitude of ways to fully appreciate and develop the BIG FOUR highly shareable moments with children …
- opening, reading and engaging in the Bible with children;
- praying with children;
- singing with children; &
- sharing rituals (especially The Communion) with children.
The first 20 minutes
Are children engaged the time they are a part of our celebrations of worship or just waiting to leave?
We can do more to help children be more connected, participative and engaged in our celebrations of worship. Lot’s of ideas and stories to help stimulate thinking and practice in this area!
Church in a box
Find ways to help children engage the worship celebration space
As part of a worship celebration, an activity in a box can find their way to the seat or floor next to children that will help them grow at the feet of the culture we would love to see them adopt. None of the activities will be complicated or take away from the main activity we are engaging in together.
Villages raise children and faith communities make disciples so understanding how faith tends to develop and households and faith communities can help shape and nurture faith in these stages will help us all to invite, recognise and celebrate a variety of faith responses in everyone.
for ministry with children and families
Principles, stories, ideas and approaches specifically related to faith-learning in programs and small groups with children. These smaller, more specific topics include:
- Managing safety: spaces, programs and relationships
- Risk assessment
- Ways children learn: learning styles & more
- Working in small groups, connecting and relating
- Preparing a learning time for children
- Helping children follow Jesus
- Risk assessment
- Storytelling, story listenting
- Catch a child doing something right! Descriptive recognition and encouragement
- The world of children
- Change and change management
These are just a few of the available topics. If you can imagine it, we can either present it or we will probably know someone who can.